NEWPORT NEWS, Va. – Coal from Appalachia rumbles into this port city, 150 railroad cars at a time, bound for the belly of the massive cargo ship Prime Lily. The ship soon sets sail for South America, its 80,000 tons of coal destined for power plants and factories, an export of American energy – and pollution.
WASHINGTON – Stepping up pressure on Moscow, the United States Sunday released satellite images it said show rockets were fired from Russia into neighboring eastern Ukraine and heavy artillery for separatists also has crossed the border.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip – Israel and Hamas launched new attacks Sunday in the raging Gaza war, despite going back and forth over proposals for a temporary halt to nearly three weeks of fighting ahead of a major Muslim holiday.
- » Hamas fires rockets on Israel, ending 12-hour lull
- » U.S. evacuates embassy in Libya amid clashes
- » Museum field trip highlight of summer school program
- » Robotics competition held at Canon-McMillan High School
- » Judge grants private detective license to gasfield firm; DA raised concerns
- » Police release man after questioning in Roscoe shooting
LATROBE – Though head coach Mike Tomlin is saying new safety Mike Mitchell is likely to miss at least a week of training...
- 2 hours ago
If you are coming to Waynesburg Tuesday, don’t forget to pack an umbrella.
- 5 hours ago
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union