HARRISBURG – Even before Gov. Tom Wolf took office, Republican lawmakers drew lines in the sand. Now, with two months until the new fiscal year begins, Republicans who control the Pennsylvania Senate are under the gun to back up their words with votes.
BALTIMORE – Mourners filed for hours Sunday past the coffin of the man who died after sustaining serious injuries in the custody of Baltimore police, somberly paying respects after a night of violent protests.
KATHMANDU, Nepal – Shell-shocked and sleeping in the streets, tens of thousands of Nepalis braced against terrifying aftershocks Sunday while digging for survivors of the massive earthquake that ripped across this Himalayan nation a day earlier, killing more than 2,500 people.
- » Appalachian nonprofit links small farmers with big grocers
- » ‘Operation Babylift’ kids, soldiers reunite 40 years later
- » Greene County students ‘excited’ for reading competition
- » Fall of Saigon remembered on 40th anniversary
- » Carmichaels Vietnam War veteran recalls harrowing battlefield encounters
- » Visitors drawn to annual Enlow Fork wildflower walk
PHOENIX – Pittsburgh’s slow start to the season is quickly fading into the rearview mirror.
- 3 hours ago
Two stories appeared in this newspaper last week about the future of separate industrial landfills in Greene County, both heading...
- 4 hours ago