NEW FREEPORT – During his 36-year career with the U.S. Army, Lt. Col. Cephus Lee Roupe always strove to make a difference, said retired Maj. Gen. David Rubenstein speaking at a ceremony Friday to dedicate a bridge on Route 18 over Fish Creek in Freeport Township in Roupe’s honor.
The Washington County commissioners accepted a $171,327 block grant from the state Department of Public Welfare to assist the homeless through June 30, 2015, through four agencies.
- » Sierra Leone to shut down for 3 days to slow Ebola
- » Police hunt for trooper ambush suspect near home
- » Latest nominees for pop music hall announced
- » AG’s office issues brief in Pozonsky case
- » DEP fines Range Resources industry-record $4.15 million
- » Mother accused of using heroin released on bond
Sports - High School Football
HOUSTON – Terry Fetsko is still a young man, but the Chartiers-Houston head football coach might be aging more and...
- 12 hours ago
Excerpts from recent editorials in newspapers in the United States as compiled by the Associated Press:
- 20 hours ago
Mushroom soup, stuffed cabbage, palacinky, halušky, as well as doughnut-like ceregi will be on the menu from 11 a.m. to 5...Read More
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union