WASHINGTON – The Islamic State group’s takeover of the provincial capital Ramadi is stark evidence Iraqi forces lack the “will to fight,” Defense Secretary Ash Carter said in a TV interview that aired Sunday. The harsh assessment raised new questions about the Obama administration’s strategy to defeat the extremist group that seized a strategically important...
CLEVELAND – Cleveland emerged unscathed and intact after a day of protests following the acquittal of a patrolman who were on trial in the shooting deaths of two unarmed suspects killed in a 137-shot barrage of police gunfire.
- » ‘Bold’ Ireland votes to legalize gay marriage in landslide
- » $146M invested in area PennDOT projects
- » No soldier buried without ceremony at National Cemetery of the Alleghenies
- » Retired teacher volunteers at national park for more than three decades
- » Veterans frustrated by presidential debate on Iraq war
- » Federal data: As oil production soars, so do pipeline leaks
Six runs not enough for Vulcans against Dixie State.
- 8 hours ago
For a democracy to function, citizens must be active participants.
- 10 hours ago