In honor of National Tourism Week which begins Monday, the state Department of Transportation is throwing a weeklong party at the Pennsylvania Welcome Center on Interstate 79 near Mt. Morris.
Various displays and events will take place at the welcome center on the northbound side of I-79, about six miles north of West Virginia.
• Exhibits highlighting the David Bradford House and the LeMoyne House, both in Washington, and the Theodore Burr Covered Bridge Society can be seen all week.
• Greene County Tourist Promotion Agency will be featured Monday.
• Rivers Casino in Pittsburgh and Coal Mining Antiquities will be at the center Tuesday.
• Washington County Tourism Promotion Agency and Microtel in Waynesburg are featured Wednesday.
• On Thursday, an exhibit from the Meadowcroft Rockshelter and Historic Village near Avella is available.
• On Friday, booths will feature the state lottery, Pennsylvania Trolley Museum in Meadow Lands, Laurel Highlands Visitor Bureau and Hilton Garden Inn in Southpointe.