As I mentioned in my previous column, I will try to keep residents informed on events and projects that are going on and coming to our community. Borough council is working hard to make life better for all of our residents.
There will be several projects in our community this year. Here are a few:
• Council has been helping with door-to-door surveys in certain areas of Canonsburg that qualify for federal money for repair of streets and sidewalks. We are happy to report that we are going to do work this year on streets that qualify.
• Utility companies have numerous projects scheduled in Canonsburg this year. These projects will bring better service to customers and benefit residents with repaving of streets on which the projects are occurring.
• The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation is undertaking a project in the Morganza and Weavertown roads area that will ease traffic flow.
As your council, we appreciate all of these agencies for making our community a better place in which to live. Please understand that with these projects there will be some traffic delays.
To further honor our military veterans, council and the chamber of commerce working along with the VFW Post 191 have extended the time that military banners displayed through our town will be displayed. They will now be displayed from the first week of April through the last week of August.
• Pavilions at Town Park are now available for rent. Call the borough offices to make a reservation.
• Camp Splash will continue at Town Park this year.
• A Farmers’ Market will open in the Northwest Savings Bank lot on West Pike Street Fridays from 3:30-7 p.m. from May through September.
• A Memorial Day parade is scheduled in Canonsburg this year.
• The new borough website is canonsburgboro.com . You can also keep up with the latest news and information on Facebook at facebook.com/canonsburgboro.