These are some of the many member of the Canon-McMillan community going above and beyond, and doing great things:
• Victoria Crothers and Taylor Kolovich, who, as a result of outstanding academic achievement while attending Western Area Career & Technology Center, are eligible for membership in the National Technical Honor Society.
• Alex Davin-Doerschner won “Best Manufacturable Design” recently at Inventionland in Pittsburgh.
• Board president Manuel Pihakis was recognized at the Intermediate Unit #1 Annual Convention for 15 years of service as a school director.
• The following wrestlers placed at the PIAA State Wrestling Tournament: Brendan Furman, state champion; Gerrit Nijenhuis, third place; Logan Macri, fifth place.
• Director of business and finance Joni Mansmann was elected as the vice president/president elect of the Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials. She will serve as president of the organization in three years.
• Chyna Beck won the Class AAA 100 hurdles at the WPIAL Championship.
• Senior Natalie Cummings won third-place in the 2017 Law Day essay contest.
• Two Canon-McMillan High School teams took top spots in the 2017 Washington County Envirothon. Members of CM’s blue team will each receive a $500 scholarships thanks to the event’s corporate sponsors.