Faith in Action – Make a difference for a neighbor who needs a little help to remain independent. Faith in Action, a program of TRPIL Community Services, has volunteer opportunities throughout Washington County. They include:
• A couple in their 90s need someone who can assist with getting groceries weekly in the McMurray area.
• A senior woman in the Washington area needs rides every other week to City Mission and Christian Outreach for various services. She would need assistance getting in and out of an SUV or bigger car.
• An 84-year-old McDonald woman needs some friendly visits and phone calls for companionship.
• An 87-year-old Washington woman with limited vision needs rides to doctor appointments and to the store.
• An 89-year-old Canonsburg woman needs rides and assistance to go to the grocery store weekly or biweekly.
Anyone who is interested in helping these older residents or others dealing with a disability remain independent is asked to call Faith in Action at 724-223-5115, ext. 1203. The office is staffed part time, but phone calls will be returned. All volunteers are trained and screened before placement.