Faith in Action – Make a difference for a neighbor who needs a little help to remain independent. Faith in Action, a program of TRPIL Community Services, has volunteer opportunities throughout Washington County. They include:
• A Burgettstown senior woman who needs rides, shopping and/or light housekeeping help. She is caring for a disabled daughter and could use someone to help her take a break.
• An 89-year-old Canonsburg woman who needs rides and assistance to go to the grocery store.
• A Monongahela senior woman who needs transportation to grocery store.
• An 87-year-old Washington woman with limited vision who needs rides to doctor appointments and the store.
• A senior Washington woman who needs help with vacuuming and cleaning the bathtub and oven weekly.
Anyone who is interested in helping these older residents or others dealing with a disability remain independent is asked to call Faith in Action at 724-223-5115, ext. 1203. The office is staffed part time, but phone calls will be returned. All volunteers are trained and screened before placement.