The Observer-Reporter's Mike Jones takes over as Greene County bureau chief in Waynesburg on Monday.
SECO, Ky. – Mines built this company town. Jack and Sandra Looney hope vines – the wine grapes growing on a former strip mine in the hills above – will help to draw visitors here.
INDIANAPOLIS – Indiana Gov. Mike Pence defended the new state law that’s garnered widespread criticism over concerns it could foster discrimination against gays and lesbians and said Sunday it wasn’t a mistake to have enacted it.
- » Run from Cuba, Americans cling to claims for seized property
- » Sestak ends journey across Pennsylvania in U.S. Senate bid
- » Police departments finding crime-fighting uses for social media
- » A marathon run for clean water
- » Automobiles were once made in Washington
- » Business leaders wary of proposed severance tax
Kang's bat shows signs of life in win over Braves.
Excerpts from recent editorials in newspapers around Pennsylvania as compiled by the Associated Press: