WAYNESBURG – On Tuesday and Thursday mornings, up to 41 kindergarten through fifth-graders at Waynesburg Central Elementary School arrive at the school’s gym at 7:30 a.m., a half hour before classes begin, and walk and walk and walk.
WICHITA, Kan. – The recent plunge in fuel prices has been a welcome relief across the agricultural sector, helping ease the pain of low grain prices for growers and boosting profits for cattle ranchers.
KIEV, Ukraine – Indiscriminate rocket fire slammed into a market, schools, homes and shops Saturday in Ukraine’s southeastern city of Mariupol, killing at least 30 people, authorities said. The Ukrainian president called the blitz a terrorist attack and NATO and the United States demanded Russia stop supporting the rebels.
- » Northeast preps as 1st significant winter storm approaches
- » $2 gasoline: Good times keep rolling at the pump
- » O-R looking for people who left the region and came back for new series
- » State review of Washington-Greene Job Training Agency finds $1.1 million in questioned costs
- » Woman helps rescue sleeping resident from burning Peters Twp. home
- » What’s in a name?
Dan Burt sat in a New Jersey hotel room in late spring of 1997 when his phone rang. To Burt’s surprise, the caller was...
- 15 hours ago
Since Pennsylvania ranks third in the nation for heroin addiction, you would think a fiercely waged war on this particular drug...
- 16 hours ago