NEWARK, N.J. – More than three years after Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg committed $100 million toward remaking Newark’s struggling schools, the district is engulfed in a dispute over proposed large-scale teacher layoffs that’s threatening to derail wider reform efforts.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia – Two large oil slicks spotted Saturday by the Vietnamese air force offered the first sign that a jetliner carrying 239 people had crashed into the ocean after vanishing from radar without sending a single distress call.
HARRISBURG – The simmering feud between establishment Republicans in Pennsylvania and the party’s wing of anti-establishment conservatives is exploding into the public in a way it rarely, if ever, has. And it is doing so at a time when Republicans are at risk of losing the control of Harrisburg they have enjoyed for three years.
- » Jefferson-Morgan joins Read Across America celebration
- » Rice Energy leader gets warm reception
- » Seeking public comment, county officials get an earful on parks plan
- » Trinity North celebrates Read Across America with ‘Green Eggs and Ham’
- » ‘King’ coal tarnished, still powerful
- » Judge sets June 2 for trial in McNerney homicide
CLEMSON, S.C. – Pittsburgh’s Josh Newkirk saw the ball free on the floor about 10 feet from the basket and...
- 9 hours ago
Excerpts from recent editorials in newspapers in the United States and abroad as compiled by the Associated Press:
- 1 days ago
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union