PITTSBURGH- Peoples Natural Gas announced today that the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) has granted all of its required approvals to the transaction with EQT Corporation (NYSE: EQT) for the Peoples Natural Gas purchase of EQT’s natural gas distribution business, Equitable Gas Company, LLC.Full Story »
HOUSTON (AP) — Oilfield services company Baker Hughes Inc. says the number of rigs exploring for oil and natural gas in...
- Dec 06, 2013 02:07 pm| Comments 0
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Shell has delivered a blow to Louisiana’s industrial boom, saying it is scrapping a...
- Dec 05, 2013 06:17 pm| Comments 0
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — More than half of the counts and more than a dozen defendants in a West Virginia oil and gas...
- Dec 02, 2013 11:18 am| Comments 0
COLUMBUS, Ohio – A closely watched lawsuit in Ohio is asking a question that’s burning in cities and towns...
- Dec 01, 2013 10:19 pm| Comments 0
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Pennsylvania’s public utility regulators have an idea to save money on Black Friday.
- Nov 29, 2013 04:33 pm| Comments 0
WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. (AP) — The Marcellus Shale industry, which arrived in this northern Pennsylvania city five years ago and...
- Nov 25, 2013 09:55 am| Comments 0
Washington & Jefferson College’s Energy Lecture Series continues Wednesday with “Obtaining a Social License to...
- Nov 18, 2013 09:47 pm| Comments 0
Gregory Zuckerman’s book “The Frackers” tells the unexpected story of how a once-obscure method of...
- Nov 16, 2013 10:33 pm| Comments 0
The nation’s largest public utility is shuttering eight coal-fired boilers, and more reductions could be in store.
- Nov 15, 2013 11:28 am| Comments 0
Governor Corbett: Marcellus Shale Development Employs Thousands of Pennsylvanians; Reduces Energy Costs
PITTSBURGH- Governor Tom Corbett addressed more than 3,000 attendees Thursday at this year’s Developing Unconventionals...
- Nov 14, 2013 02:47 pm| Comments 0
- There’s no place like Washington County for the holidays
- Proposal would allow shale gas waste on barges
- Range maps out its natural gas triple play
- PTI cuts ribbon on new Energy Technology Center
- Shale gas growing faster than expected
- Washington County Tourism Promotion Agency calendar of events for November & December
- Experts say nuclear power needed to slow warming
- Consol’s coal mine sale was part of its growth strategy
- Region provides a high-energy performance when it comes to energy
- Pa. has $1M in solar rebates remaining
- DOE awards $84M for 18 carbon-capture projects
- Natural gas reserves lie under Pittsburgh streets
- Pa.’s gas drilling job figures raise questions
- More oil and gas drillers turn to water recycling