Man held on sexual assault charges

Bookmark and Share
Make text smaller Make text larger

A Charleroi man accused of sexually assaulting a young girl over a two-year period almost a decade ago was ordered to stand trial on charges including rape of a child and involuntary deviate sexual intercourse.


Paul R. Graham Jr., 50, of 408 Oakland Ave., who is accused of sexually assaulting the girl between February 2003 and June 2005 at homes in Dunlevy and Speers, was ordered to stand trial by District Judge Mark Wilson following a preliminary hearing Wednesday in Central Court. He was arrested last week by Charleroi Regional police.


The alleged victim, who is now 18, testified that Graham would often babysit her while her parents worked. She said that she was in second grade at the time of the first incident.


The Charleroi woman said that he would touch her inappropriately. The alleged assaults progressed where he would have her take off her clothes. She said he tried to force her to engage in a sex act, but she resisted.


She told her mother what happened after the initial incident but did not mention any of the later occurrences. I trusted him, she said.


The victim also alleged on at least one occasion, Graham showed her a pornographic movie. He also reportedly gave her wine.


Graham is also charged with aggravated indecent assault, indecent assault, statutory sexual assault, endangering the welfare of children, corruption of minors and selling or furnishing alcohol. He was returned to the Washington County jail, where he is being held on $250,000 bond.


Bookmark and Share Make text smaller Make text larger
comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular
What do you think?