Funeral set for slain W&J athlete
A funeral has been scheduled Tuesday for the Washington & Jefferson College football player who was the victim of a homicide early Thursday less than a block from campus.The funeral Mass will take place at 10 a.m. at Holy Sepulcher Church in Timothy David McNerney’s hometown of Butler, the Butler Eagle announced this morning.McNerney, 21, and a teammate were walking home from a Washington bar shortly after 2 a.m. when they were approached by as many as six males wanting to steal a cellphone, city police said.City police said Friday they had turned up no new clues in the homicide investigation.McNerney was a son of Denise and Robert McNerney.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 4Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte