Pitt beats Lehigh 78-53 in NIT Season Tip-Off
PITTSBURGH – Tray Woodall scored a season-high 23 points and Talib Zanna tied a career-high with 20 as Pittsburgh crushed Lehigh 78-53 in the NIT Season Tip-Off on Tuesday night.
Woodall added eight assists for the Panthers (3-0), who will play Michigan in the tournament semifinals next week.
Pitt kept Lehigh’s C.J. McCollum in check for most of the night. The senior preseason All-American finished with 17 points .
The Mountain Hawks (1-2) hung tough during the first half but had no answer during a 21-5 burst by Pitt early in the second half.
Zanna scored seven straight points during the run while Woodall sandwiched layups around a basket by Steven Adams as Pitt turned a 35-32 lead into a comfortable 56-37 cushion.
Lehigh, which upset Duke in last year’s NCAA tournament, shot just 32 percent in the second half.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Observer-Reporter High School Football
- 4Even convicted killers have freedom of speech | Observer-Reporter
- 5Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter