Local retired teachers donate to food bank
WAYNESBURG – Just before the fall luncheon for the Greene County Association of School Retirees, Cathy Butcher, former president of that organization, became aware of the shortage faced by the Greene County Corner Cupboard Food Bank.
She quickly prepared a note to send with the members’ reservations encouraging them to include a donation to help the food bank. GCASR members responded.
Shortly after the luncheon, Sonja Boyles and Nancy Davis, officers of GCASR, were privileged to deliver a check to Jan Caldwell of the food bank for more than $450 from those retirees.
Caldwell was elated to receive the donation and showed the ladies that the response from the people, the organizations and the businesses of Greene County has been truly a blessing.
As a footnote to this donation, Butcher has been able to get GCASR’s parent organization, the Pennsylvania Association of School Retirees, to encourage all of its local groups to find and take on similar local food bank projects across the state.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 3Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 43 openings on Pa. high court stir interest in endorsements | Observer-Reporter
- 5`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union