Lawsuit filed over shooting by Pittsburgh police
PITTSBURGH (AP) – The mother of a man who was shot to death by undercover Pittsburgh police officers has filed a lawsuit against the city.
Marie C. Reese said in the lawsuit filed Tuesday that a lack of training contributed to the death of her son, 24-year-old Lawrence Jones, who was shot after a traffic stop in December 2011. Reese said the officers weren’t supposed to be conducting traffic stops while they were in civilian clothes, and in an unmarked car.
City solicitor Dan Regan said a review determined the officers acted reasonably.
Police said at the time that Jones brandished a gun, but the lawsuit said he was unarmed.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Petty earns credit for Smith´s `Stay With Me´ | Observer-Reporter
- 2Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 3Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 4W.Va. man arrested for allegedly breaking into cars in Greene | Observer-Reporter
- 5Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter