Police: Woman runs over husband for not voting
GILBERT, Ariz. – Police in Arizona said a Mesa woman injured her husband by running over him with an SUV because he didn’t vote in last week’s presidential election.
Authorities said Holly Solomon opposed President Barack Obama and was upset her husband didn’t go to the polls.
The husband told investigators Solomon believed her family was going to face hardship if Obama were re-elected.
Police said Solomon chased her husband through a Gilbert parking lot, circled him as he hid behind a light pole, struck him and pinned him under the vehicle as he tried to flee. Solomon told police she was just trying to scare him but accidentally stepped on the accelerator.
She was booked on an aggravated assault count. It wasn’t clear whether she has a lawyer.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Gibbs retiring as Washington County clerk of courts | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris "Bradie" ball raises $20,000 for charity | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington bus depot almost ready | Observer-Reporter
- 5Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union