Girl describes hearing parents fatally shot
BEAVER FALLS (AP) — A teenage girl described hearing her parents executed by two masked men during a preliminary hearing in the killing four years ago.
A daughter of Richard Warren Harper and Demetria Harper described how she and a younger sister were ushered into a basement room and heard their parents shot on the other side of the door in June 2008.
Fifteen-year-old Laniya Harper described the ordeal Wednesday during a preliminary hearing for Robert Burgess and Devon Shealey. The men are accused of killing the Harpers inside their Beaver Falls home in a drug dispute.
The then-11-year-old girl said she saw her parents tied up and heard a man demanding money before two gunshots.
Testimony is scheduled to continue Thursday.
- 1Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 4Eighty Fourīs Ross Farm included in "crowd-funded" Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 5Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union