Plantation celebrates 19th-century Christmas
Plantation celebrates 19th-century holidays
A 19th-century Christmas will be held at Woodville Plantation, 1375 Washington Place, Bridgeville, during candlelight tours from noon to 8 p.m. Sunday.
There will be costumed guides, holiday displays and traditional decorations, and visitors will learn how customs such as Twelfth Night, Boxing Day and the firing of Christmas guns differ from modern-day celebrations. There also will be a display of the full table feast celebrated during Twelfth Night.
Admission is $5 per person. Children younger than 6 are free.
For more information, call 412-221-0348 or visit www.woodvilleplantation.org.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Observer-Reporter High School Football
- 4Even convicted killers have freedom of speech | Observer-Reporter
- 5Belford, J-M lock down spot in semifinals | Observer-Reporter