Fire forces residents from Roscoe apartment building

  • November 15, 2012
Wayne E. Ray/For the Observer-Reporter

A fire early this morning forced residents from the Central Apartments building, 600 Furlong Ave., Roscoe. The fire call came in at approximately 4:30 a.m. and firefighters from Roscoe, Stockdale, Allenport, Washington Township, California, West Brownsville, Fallowfield Township and the Rapid Intervention Team from Bentleyville Volunteer Fire Department responded to the call. A dog named Charlie was rescued from the building and was treated by fire and ambulance personel for smoke inhalation. Charlie was a rescue dog and ended being rescued himself by a West Brownsville firefighter and should be OK. No injuries were reported. The state police fire marshal was called to the scene to investigate. Resident Carina Honeygosky said she awoke to the smell of smoke and then heard the smoke detector go off. She said 27 people live in the apartment building and everyone got out safely, including a deaf man.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Peters Township students return to school following teachers strike

Cleveland man arraigned for child sex assault

Peters students to return to classes today

Washington City Mission serves residents on Thanksgiving

Monongahela proposes 2-mill tax increase

Father sues over daughter’s choking death

Peters Council approves improvements to Lutes Road

Meeting recap

Teen spends first Thanksgiving with new family

Fires destroy two houses in Cecil Township