Free seat belt check in South Strabane
State police will be working with the National Highway Traffic Safety administration on a “Click it or Ticket” campaign during the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday week.
Most vehicle fatalities are the result of unbelted motorists. Currently the state’s seat belt usage is 83.8 percent and the goal of the state police and the state Department of Transportation is to increase that to 87.8 percent by the end of 2012.
In addition, Troop B is conducting a free child restraint checkup between 2 and 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Washington Auto Mall, Route 19 in South Strabane Township.
Any parents wishing to have their child restraint system checked to see if it is properly secured are encouraged to stop by. Certified technicians from state and township police and AAA will be available to assist.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Games of chance reporting deadline extended | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 4Fallowfield VFC presents awards | Observer-Reporter
- 5Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union