Rigs exploring for oil and gas in U.S up this week
HOUSTON (AP) The number of rigs actively exploring for oil and natural gas in the U.S. rose this week by three, to 1,809. Texas-based oilfield services company Baker Hughes Inc. reported Friday that 1,390 rigs were exploring for oil and 417 were searching for gas. Two were listed as miscellaneous. A year ago, Baker Hughes counted 2,001 rigs. Of the major oil- and gas-producing states, Louisiana gained five rigs, Colorado three and California and West Virginia one each.Alaska, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Pennsylvania declined by two apiece and Texas and Wyoming each fell by one. Arkansas and North Dakota were unchanged.The rig count peaked at 4,530 in 1981 and bottomed at 488 in 1999.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 5News, Sports, Events, & Community
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union