Marlins expecting Pierre to take physical Monday
The Miami Marlins are planning on having Juan Pierre take a physical on Monday, amid reports that they have agreed on a $1.6 million, one-year deal that would reunite them with the 35-year-old outfielder.Pierre was with the Marlins for three seasons ending in 2005, helping the franchise win the World Series in 2003. A career .297 hitter, Pierre batted .307 in 130 games last season with the Philadelphia Phillies.Pierre stole 37 bases last season, tied for fifth-most in the National League.Pierre has also played for Colorado, the Chicago Cubs, Los Angeles Dodgers and Chicago White Sox in his career. Next season would be his 14th in the major leagues.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 2Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 3Petty earns credit for Smith´s `Stay With Me´ | Observer-Reporter
- 4Local manager gets top McDonald´s award | Observer-Reporter
- 5Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter