Mystery Photo No. 23
This is one of hundreds of undated photos that came from the Observer-Reporter’s Canonsburg office, which closed in 1972. It was probably taken in 1971 or 1972, but that’s all the information we have about it. We’re hoping our readers can help us identify the young men and determine what it was they were doing.
One of the boys is tending a campfire. If they were camping, they didn’t pick the best time to do it, judging from the amount of mud surrounding them.
Across the lake and on the hillside is a Giant Eagle supermarket.
If you can tell us who they are, what they were doing, or where, when and why the photo was taken, email Park Burroughs, retired executive editor, at email@example.com, or leave a message for him with your telephone number by calling 724-222-2200, extension 2400.
With help from our readers, we hope to solve this Mystery Photo and publish the solution in next Monday’s newspaper.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 2Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 5Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter