Quail season opens Thanksgiving Day
Mississippi's quail season opens Thanksgiving Day.While hunters have seen a decline in quail over the past years, Dave Godwin with the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks said, "the 2012 quail hatch was good where habitat was suitable."Godwin says the best bet for finding quail is in areas with patches of thick cover associated with fields or upland forests with grassy ground cover.The season continues through March 2 and the daily bag limit is eight.
- 1Economy slowed last quarter, but signs pointing up | Observer-Reporter
- 2Moninger - 107 years | Observer-Reporter
- 3`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 4Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union