Queen of Soul performs for first lady
WASHINGTON (AP) – Aretha Franklin says “it was fabulous” to have first lady Michelle Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder attend her show in Washington, D.C.
The Queen of Soul sang for Mrs. Obama and Holder – as well as about 3,000 fans at DAR Constitution Hall on Saturday night. Afterward, Franklin said it was great to see her VIP guests relax and “shake their hips a little,” especially after a tough re-election campaign.
Franklin has performed for Mrs. Obama before – at the inauguration of President Barack Obama. Franklin told the Associated Press she doesn’t think there will be an encore in 2013, though if invited she “would certainly come and would love to sing.”
Franklin also paid tribute to the late Whitney Houston, singing “I Will Always Love You.”
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 4Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
- 5High school basketball roundup: Free throws key as McGuffey girls rally | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union