Legion Post observes Veterans Day
James Farrell Post 330 of the American Legion, Waynesburg, held a Veterans Day ceremony featuring three speakers.
Introduced by Tom Boyd, master of ceremonies, were Douglas Wilson, a Civil War re-enactor who talked about the veterans in the Civil War; Zane Mitchell, who talked about the veterans of the Korean and Vietnam wars; and Christopher Clark, who spoke about Persian Gulf veterans.
Dalene Watson, director of Veterans Affairs for Greene County, presented certificates to Korean War veterans.
The firing squad was led by Commander George Barnhart and members of the James Farrell Post.
Following the service, a lunch was provided by the Women’s Auxiliary of the Waynesburg American Legion.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 4Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 5Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union