Duquesne loses at home to North Dakota State
PITTSBURGH – TrayVonn Wright scored 18 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead North Dakota State past Duquesne 57-43 Tuesday night at the A.J. Palumbo Center.
North Dakota (4-1) scored the game’s first nine points and opened on a 26-10 run.
Duquesne (1-3) shot just 24 percent (6 for 24) from the field in the first half, compared to the Bison shooting 41.9 percent (13 for 31).
North Dakota led at halftime 34-19.
Andre Marhold scored the first five points for Duquesne to start the second half, cutting the deficit to 10, 34-24, but North Dakota State blew open the game scoring 15 straight points – nine of those points coming from Wright – to push the lead to 49-24.
Marshall Bjorklund scored 12 points, and Taylor Braun finished with 11 points and six assists for the Bison.
The Dukes failed to have a player score in double digits. Marhold led Duquesne with nine points.
- 1Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 2Gibbs retiring as Washington County clerk of courts | Observer-Reporter
- 3County receives HUD homeless grants | Observer-Reporter
- 4Humane society expresses gratitude for benevolence | Observer-Reporter
- 5Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union