Hearing on closing of bar delayed
A court hearing to declare a West Bethlehem Township bar a public nuisance and force its closure was postponed Wednesday.
District Attorney Gene Vittone is seeking a temporary injunction against James Durila, owner of J&J Hotel and Bar, following a raid at the bar Nov. 16 that resulted in the arrest of four people on drug charges. The raid was conducted by the district attorney’s office, state police and Pennsylvania Liquor Control Enforcement.
The district attorney’s office had been receiving numerous complaints from local residents about suspected drug activity at the bar, Vittone said.
Judge John DiSalle, who was to preside over the hearing, has not yet rescheduled the proceeding.
- 1Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 2`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 3Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4Vanderbilt rape verdicts signal support for assault victims | Observer-Reporter
- 5High school wrestling: South Fayette advances; Waynesburg ousted | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union