Cecil Township man in custody after 3-hour standoff
A three-hour standoff with police ended peacefully tonight.
Police from multiple departments responded about 5:30 p.m. to a house on Charles Street in Cecil Township, where Joseph Kovan, 41, of 13 Charles, was allegedly held up with an assault rifle.
Kovan surrendered before 9 p.m. and is in police custody.
A Peters Township police cruiser was blocking Cecil-Henderson Road at Hickory Grade Road about 7:30 p.m., while a South Fayette Township police officer blocked Cecil-Henderson at Route 50.
A woman trying to reach her parents on Charles Street said they were OK, but that police were not letting neighbors out of their homes.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Angel Ridge Animal Rescue cited for inhumane conditions | Observer-Reporter
- 4Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 5Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter