Cecil Township man in custody after 3-hour standoff
A three-hour standoff with police ended peacefully tonight.
Police from multiple departments responded about 5:30 p.m. to a house on Charles Street in Cecil Township, where Joseph Kovan, 41, of 13 Charles, was allegedly held up with an assault rifle.
Kovan surrendered before 9 p.m. and is in police custody.
A Peters Township police cruiser was blocking Cecil-Henderson Road at Hickory Grade Road about 7:30 p.m., while a South Fayette Township police officer blocked Cecil-Henderson at Route 50.
A woman trying to reach her parents on Charles Street said they were OK, but that police were not letting neighbors out of their homes.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 4Burrell downs McGuffey for ninth straight team title win | Observer-Reporter
- 5Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union