Coroner releases crash victims’ identities
Two women from Hughesville, Md., were killed Saturday when their car was struck by a tractor-trailer that crossed the median on Interstate 70 in South Strabane Township and pushed it through a guardrail and over a hillside. The Washington County coroner’s office identified the women as Karen Leigh Babka, 57, and Kaitlin Y. Babka, 21, both of Wood Glen Drive. The cause of death for both was multiple injuries.
The driver of the tractor-trailer, Yevgeniy Bugreyev, 44, of West Sacramento, Calif., is in Washington County Jail on $1 million bond, charged with two counts of homicide by vehicle. A third vehicle struck the tractor-trailer after it crossed from the westbound lane and overturned in the eastbound lane about 11:30 a.m. Saturday. Four people in that vehicle were injured. The interstate was closed for about six hours, causing major traffic tie-ups.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 3News, Sports, Events, & Community
- 4Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union