Cal women improve to 3-0
GREENSBURG – Junior forward Ashley Hines came off the bench to score a season-high 21 points Sunday afternoon, leading undefeated California University to a 63-52 victory over Seton Hill in a non-conference game.
All three of Cal’s victories have come against teams from the West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
Hines made nine of 12 shots from the field and also grabbed 12 rebounds, A transfer from Potomac State, Hines leads the Vulcans in both scoring and rebounding.
Chelsea McKnight scored 15 points for Cal and Stephanie Michael had 12 points.
Seton Hill (0-4) was led by Katie Gattuso, who scored 16 points.
The Griffins led for much of the first half, until Cal mounted a 13-0 run over seven minutes to take a 23-13 lead. The Vulcans led 30-19 at halftime and held a double-digit lead throughout the second half.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 3Moninger - 107 years | Observer-Reporter
- 4Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 5Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union