Boy killed when truck runs into yard
NEW CASTLE (AP) — Police say a man is in custody after he veered off a western Pennsylvania road and struck two young children, killing a 7-year-old boy.
Authorities did not release the name of the 7-year-old or the 9-year-old injured in Sunday’s crash in New Castle.
New Castle police say 66-year-old Virgil Coonfare was taken into custody at the scene and charged with vehicular homicide. Additional charges could be filed later.
The younger boy was pronounced dead at a hospital. The 9-year-old was airlifted to Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh.
It wasn’t immediately clear if Coonfare had an attorney.
New Castle is about 40 miles north of Pittsburgh.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 2Petty earns credit for Smith´s `Stay With Me´ | Observer-Reporter
- 3A new party, built on piles of cash | Observer-Reporter
- 4Three sentenced in county court | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter