College basketball: Vulcans fall to Wilberforce
CALIFORNIA - Darius Foster scored 38 points and added seven rebounds as visiting Wilberforce (Ohio) handed California University a 90-87 non-conference loss Tuesday night in a men’s college basketbal game.
Wilberforce (4-5) also got 18 points and six assists from Rachaun Thompson while dropping California to 1-2.
Wilberforce connected on 14 of 32 three-point field goals in the game, including six by Foster. That helped offset a strong night at the free throw line for the Vulcans, who made 31 of 37 foul shots, compared to 18 of 29 for the visitors.
Wilberforce grabbed a 41-35 lead at the half and led by as many as eight midway through the second half before a pair of free throws by Mitchell Weedon gave the Vulcans a 66-65 advantage with 8:24 left in the game.
California increased the lead to 72-67 with just over seven minutes remaining on two more free throws by Weedon, who scored 26 points, but Foster and Thompson keyed a 23-15 run to close out the game.
Kyree Marshall added 13 points and nine rebounds for Wilberforce.
Tynell Fortune scored 19 points, Quentin Harding 16 and Keith Lowe 11 for California.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 3Gibbs retiring as Washington County clerk of courts | Observer-Reporter
- 4Wolf bans new drilling in state parks | Observer-Reporter
- 5Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union