Wild Things sign catcher Trettel
Catcher Pat Trettel, a graduate of North Allegheny High School, was acquired by the Wild Things from Kansas City in the American Association for a player to be named later.
Washington also sold the contract of catcher Jim Vahalik to the Baltimore Orioles. Vahalik hit .163 in 27 games with the Wild Things last season.
Trettel batted a combined .229 last season with stops at the Class AA Kansas City T-Bones of the American Association and the Normal CornBelters of the Frontier League. He hit eight home runs and drove in 29 runs.
Trettel (6-1, 225), a graduate of Seton Hill University, also played for the Class AA Lincoln Salt Dogs of the American Association.
- 1'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Pitt expresses interest in Ringgold´s Law
- 4Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 5Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union