W&J to celebrate light-up night
Washington & Jefferson College will celebrate its annual holiday light-up night on Monday.
Sponsored by the Student Activities Board, this year’s event begins at 5 p.m. with a holiday dinner in The Commons. Activities in the Ski Lodge will include a gingerbread house decorating contest, which begins at 5:30 p.m. New this year is an ugly sweater contest.
A celebration of the holidays and remarks from W&J President Tori Haring-Smith at 6:45 p.m. and the lighting of the tree at 7:15 p.m., will follow. The evening concludes with an 8 p.m. holiday concert in the Olin Fine Arts Center, where the W&J music ensembles will perform traditional classics and seasonal music favorites.
The SAB is also collecting new toys of any value for the Salvation Army’s Toys for Tots program as part of its annual philanthropy contribution for the event. Donation boxes, where toys will be collected, will be set up in the Ski Lodge the night of the event.
Light-up night is free (excluding dinner) and open to the public.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 4Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 5`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union