5 thieves hit Louis Vuitton store near Pittsburgh
ROSS – Police have been searching for five people who entered a high-end handbag store in a major mall near Pittsburgh and stole a number of purses in an “orchestrated” heist.
Ross Township Detective Brian Kohlhepp isn’t saying how many bags were stolen from the Louis Vuitton store in the Ross Park Mall, or how much they’re worth. But online sites show the famous French designer’s bags can sell from $1,500 to $7,500 each.
Police said employees didn’t realize what was happening before it was too late, and that the entire episode took less than 30 seconds.
The detective said police are working with Louis Vuitton officials to determine whether the thieves are just locals looking for a one-time score or part of a larger, more organized retail theft ring.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Petty earns credit for Smith´s `Stay With Me´ | Observer-Reporter
- 2Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 3Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter