Assault suspect caught
A Washington man wanted for allegedly pointing a gun at a clerk at a Canton Township motel in October was taken into custody Thursday on a warrant obtained by state police.
Ryan “Nice” Brown, 23, whose last known address was 135 Jollick Manor, was arraigned before District Judge Gary Havelka on charges of aggravated assault, carrying a firearm without a license, simple assault, terroristic threats and recklessly endangering another person.
He is accused of pointing the gun at the clerk at America’s Best Value Inn on West Chestnut Street Oct. 5 and demanding to know the number of a room where a woman named Jessica was staying. The clerk refused to give him the information.
When Brown told the clerk he was going to start knocking on doors, the clerk told him he was calling police. Brown then allegedly again pointed the gun at the clerk and threatened to shoot him.
Brown was placed in the Washington County jail on $25,000 bond.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 3Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 4Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 5Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter