Stray bullet hits motorist
MORGAN (AP) — Police say a Pittsburgh-area motorist was hit with a stray bullet, but they’re still trying to figure out how and why it happened.
South Fayette police say they still don’t know if the shooting was a hunting accident or if it happened for some other reason.
Police Chief Louis Volle told reporters over the weekend that the victim was driving his pickup at dusk when he heard two shots, one of which went through the toolbox in his truck bed, the cab, and the back of the driver’s seat before hitting him. Police say the man was treated for a minor injury at a Pittsburgh hospital.
Police have spoken to two witnesses, but say ballistics tests and other information is needed to sort out their conflicting stories.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Petty earns credit for Smith“s `Stay With Me“ | Observer-Reporter
- 2Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 3Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 4West Pike Run man shot during robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington“s Got Talent to showcase diverse talent pool, give back | Observer-Reporter