Stray bullet hits motorist
MORGAN (AP) — Police say a Pittsburgh-area motorist was hit with a stray bullet, but they’re still trying to figure out how and why it happened.
South Fayette police say they still don’t know if the shooting was a hunting accident or if it happened for some other reason.
Police Chief Louis Volle told reporters over the weekend that the victim was driving his pickup at dusk when he heard two shots, one of which went through the toolbox in his truck bed, the cab, and the back of the driver’s seat before hitting him. Police say the man was treated for a minor injury at a Pittsburgh hospital.
Police have spoken to two witnesses, but say ballistics tests and other information is needed to sort out their conflicting stories.
- 1Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 4'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 5Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union