Stray bullet hits motorist
MORGAN (AP) — Police say a Pittsburgh-area motorist was hit with a stray bullet, but they’re still trying to figure out how and why it happened.
South Fayette police say they still don’t know if the shooting was a hunting accident or if it happened for some other reason.
Police Chief Louis Volle told reporters over the weekend that the victim was driving his pickup at dusk when he heard two shots, one of which went through the toolbox in his truck bed, the cab, and the back of the driver’s seat before hitting him. Police say the man was treated for a minor injury at a Pittsburgh hospital.
Police have spoken to two witnesses, but say ballistics tests and other information is needed to sort out their conflicting stories.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 3Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
- 5Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union