Avella man dies in crash
An Avella man was killed Wednesday morning in a one-vehicle crash on Sugar Run Road, a half-mile north of Chestnut Road in Independence Township.
Steven Mark Lusher, 42, of Sugar Run Road, was pronounced dead at 9:07 a.m. by Washington County Coroner Tim Warco.
State police said Lusher was driving south on Sugar Run when his truck left the right side of the road, traveled along an embankment and came to rest on its roof in the road.
Police said he was ejected from the vehicle and discovered lying in the road by a motorist about 6:30 a.m.
Warco ruled his death an accident. Avella firefighters assisted at the scene.
Lusher is the 24th person killed this year on Washington County roads.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Coal drives decrease in assessment values | Observer-Reporter
- 3Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 4Healthy roast great for bringing the family together | Observer-Reporter
- 5Burrell downs McGuffey for ninth straight team title win | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union