Alcohol charges expected in Pa. cheerleader’s fall
STATE COLLEGE – State College police say they expect misdemeanor charges will be filed against several people in connection with an October party at an apartment where a cheerleader was seriously injured in a five-story fall.
Police Chief Tom King told the Centre Daily Times Thursday officers are pursuing charges of furnishing alcohol to minors against “more than one or two” suspects in the case.
Police hope they can complete the investigation by year’s end.
Nineteen-year-old freshman Paige Raque suffered serious brain and hip injuries after falling out a window of the apartment building. Police say foul play is not suspected.
The Kentucky teen told reporters earlier this week that the recovery process “has been a challenge,” and she is grateful for all the support she has received.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 3Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 4Burt living his dream at Duquesne | Observer-Reporter
- 5Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter