Oil falls to near $86 per barrel
The price of oil fell Thursday after the European Central Bank predicted a bleak year ahead for the region’s economy, but stopped short of offering new measures to boost growth.
On the New York Mercantile Exchange:
n Benchmark crude fell $1.62 to finish at $86.26 per barrel.
n Heating oil fell 4.75 cents to end at $2.9432 per gallon.
n Wholesale gasoline fell 4.09 cents to finish at $2.5969 per gallon.
n Natural gas fell 3.4 cents to finish at $3.666 per 1,000 cubic feet.
n On the ICE Futures exchange in London:
n Brent crude, which is used to price international varieties of oil, fell $1.78 to finish at $107.03 per barrel.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 4Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington“s mayor announces re-election bid | Observer-Reporter