Deer gun season reopens Dec. 15
Mississippi's white-tailed deer hunting season with guns reopens Dec. 15 and runs through Dec. 23.Hunting with dogs is not allowed during this season.Legal deer include either-sex on private lands and legal bucks only on open public lands.Open public lands may include National Forests and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers lands that have statewide seasons without special regulations.The requirement for wearing fluorescent orange doesn't apply while a hunter is in a fully enclosed deer stand.The bag limit on antlered buck deer is one buck per day not to exceed three per license year. Wildlife officials say legal bucks must meet the antler criteria within the appropriate deer management zone.The bag limit on antlerless deer is one per day not to exceed five per license year.
- 1Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington police officer suspended without pay | Observer-Reporter
- 5Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union