European Tour season-opener delayed again
The start of the European Tour's season-opening Nelson Mandela Championship has been delayed for a second straight day after heavy rain left most of the course under water.Organizers will try again to get the first round of the inaugural event under way on Saturday morning.European Tour tournament director Mikael Eriksson says "every fairway is almost completely under water and there is no chance we will be able to play at all on Friday."Thursday was also a washout at Royal Durban, with South Africa's east coast experiencing unusually high rainfall in the past few months.Eriksson says organizers aimed to start at 6.30 a.m. local time on Saturday.The Nelson Mandela Championship is the first of three successive tournaments in South Africa to start the 2013 Race to Dubai.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 4Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 5Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter