W.Va. man gets life without parole in shooting
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) – A judge has denied mercy to a man who pleaded guilty to killing his son’s estranged wife at a Morgantown store parking lot over a child-custody dispute.
Monongalia County Circuit Judge Phil Gaujot made the ruling Friday, meaning 54-year-old Larry Lynn Mitchell of Shinnston will spend the rest of his life in prison.
WDTV-TV reports Mitchell pleaded guilty to first-degree murder earlier Friday in the April 21 shooting of 29-year-old Shannon Stafford.
Stafford was at the Wal-mart parking lot to meet Mitchell’s son and pick up their 2-year-old daughter, Faith, for a weekend visit.
- 1Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 2Eighty Fourīs Ross Farm included in "crowd-funded" Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 3Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 4Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 5'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union