W.Va. man gets life without parole in shooting
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) – A judge has denied mercy to a man who pleaded guilty to killing his son’s estranged wife at a Morgantown store parking lot over a child-custody dispute.
Monongalia County Circuit Judge Phil Gaujot made the ruling Friday, meaning 54-year-old Larry Lynn Mitchell of Shinnston will spend the rest of his life in prison.
WDTV-TV reports Mitchell pleaded guilty to first-degree murder earlier Friday in the April 21 shooting of 29-year-old Shannon Stafford.
Stafford was at the Wal-mart parking lot to meet Mitchell’s son and pick up their 2-year-old daughter, Faith, for a weekend visit.
- 1Family´s dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 2`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 3Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4Huffman sparks California´s rout of J-M | Observer-Reporter
- 5Local manager gets top McDonald´s award | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union