Police: 2 arrested for having BB gun at Pa. school
PITTSBURGH (AP) – Authorities say two teens face juvenile charges after an expelled student brought an unloaded BB gun to his western Pennsylvania high school.
Police in Harrison say Highlands High School had to be locked down around 1 p.m. Thursday after the expelled student brought the gun to school grounds and waited outside as students were leaving for early dismissal.
Sgt. Kevin Gourley says the teen handed the gun to a friend who was leaving the school. A teacher and a security guard ran toward the boys and ordered one to lay it on the ground. He complied.
Police say it doesn’t appear the boys planned to do anything with the gun while on school property and that it appears to be a case of bad judgment. Names of the teens aren’t being released.
- 1Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 2Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 3Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union