Robert Morris routs Duquesne with 60-point second half
MOON TOWNSHIP – Velton Jones scored 22 points and Robert Morris tallied 60 points in the second half to rout Duquesne 91-69 Saturday night.
The Colonials (7-4), leading 31-30 at halftime, outscored the Dukes 60-39 after the break.
Jones, who led three other Colonials in double figures, was 6 for 10 from the floor and 4 of 6 on 3-pointers. He made all six of his free throws, and helped give Robert Morris an enormous shooting edge.
The Colonials were 34 of 67 from the field (50.7 percent). They sizzled in the second half, hitting 21 of 32 field goal attempts, 9 of 14 treys and 9 of 11 free throws.
Robert Morris forced Duquesne into 25 turnovers while committing 10. The Colonials outscored Duquesne 31-11 on points off turnovers.
Coron Williams (16 points), Mike McFadden (12) and Lucky Jones (10) finished in double figures.
Andre Marhold led Duquesne with 11 points.
- 1Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 2Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 3Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union